Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Run Yank Run 026: Well Howdy!

Well howdy, long time no see. Sorry about that - I had recorded 45 minutes of witty, inspiring, and captivating material the first week of January (yeah right) but most of it ended up garbled. I think the microphone jack got jiggled during the run. Sigh.

Then things got crazy with the weather and work and sick kids, etc. Anyway, we are back in business.

When I have been able to run I have been doing great - bookended morning and evening commute runs with average weekly totals of about 25 miles - despite not running for several days per week.

I am also doing the 100 Pushups program and the 200 situps program, and that is humming along well.

Anyway, I promise it wont be so long till the next episode - I just realized I completely forgot to mention the 10 in 10 Challenge put together by Nigel from Running From The Reaper, so stay tuned for that in the next episode!

Music from the Podsafe Music Network

Featured Song:
Crazy song by a dude on the Paris Metro

Intro/Outro:
"You Start It" by The Monikers

1 comment:

  1. Paul,
    Having listened to your latest podcast,I was curious to hear that you were questioning the direction your podcast should take.
    As you know I like hearing about your runs in my old stomping grounds...(Richmond, Chiswick, Ealing, Turnham Green,Putney area.)
    What ever happened to your band practices?
    Couldn't you run your recorder while jamming?
    Interview the band members,post some more pictures on your blog, link thenm through your podcast.Maybe start some cross training.
    We all have other interests that might overlap with our running...
    Bird spotting, plants,animals,photography, your kids play,your partners interaction in the big picture.
    I like the fact that we are all prepaired to open up to our World (however small that might be.)
    I wonder if the smallness of our community is the beauty of it all.
    Keep up the podcast, run with a buddy,chat with characters in your life.
    Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete