Thursday, August 18, 2011

Run Yank Run 048: Rainy Run

Brrrr! It's rainy and cold... and it's AUGUST! Well, no matter, I head out for a 12 mile out-and-back heading west along the Thames. It was so wet that I was nervous about recording during the run, so I chat witcha during the rest stops.

I know I just put out ep 47 just a little while ago, but I've been enjoying running so much that I've been running pretty much every day and finally made the leap on two purchases and had to talk about 'em.

The first one is I decided to go ahead and get some new Nike Free's. But this time, I opted for the 3.0's which have almost half the sole of the 5.0's and it's a HUGE difference. I love them! Great ground feel and it's easier to keep up on the forefoot. I can tell my whole body is adjusting and can feel muscles in my legs, core, and even back are getting stronger. Good stuff.

The second is a 16GB silver iPad Nano. This thing is TINY. I can even clip it to the band on the back of my running cap and not even notice it. The biggest part of the decision was the fact that is records just like the iPhone. In fact, this episode was recorded on it. The picture below is a little bigger than actual size:

Lastly, we're coming up on the 50th episode of the Run Yank Run podcast! I can hardly believe it!

So, if you are a listener and would like to send in something to be included in a special 50th episode extravaganza, then send it to runyankrun@gmail.com

Send me an audio file (any format), something to read out, heck, even pictures I can post to the blog. Anything is welcome.

Intro music from the Podsafe Music Network

Featured Songs:
"Smells Like Rockin' Robin" by Go Home Productions
"Carpenters Wonderwall" by Go Home Productions 

Intro/Outro:
"You Start It" by The Monikers

No comments:

Post a Comment