This episode was recorded mostly during a very noisy and hilly run in San Jose, Costa Rica.
I was there to visit our office there and to give a presentation on innovation and the merging of technology and creativity (link to photos of the event).
The people in our office were incredible and I had a great time visiting friends and meeting new people I had heard about but never had the chance to meet in person.
I actually went for two runs while I was in CR, but the second run was just as noisy as the first and since this one ends up being about 30 minutes, I will probably create a second episode for that second CR run...
Some lessons on running in Costa Rica:
- Use the sidewalks
- Pedestrians do NOT have the right of way
- Most people started driving around 5 years ago or so
- Dump trucks and diesel vehicles abound - wear a bandana or smog mask
- the scenery is worth it all
- the people make it doubly worth it
Now I am in Mobile, Alabama in the US on vacation with my family staying at my father in law's house. We are all sporting beach tans and having a good time.
Hope all are well!