Friday, December 18, 2009

Run Yank Run 024: Deep Freeze

BRRRRRR it is cold in Blighty! I really can't complain when I hear about the temps from my Canadian friends or others with really frigid temps, but for some reason 0 degrees Celsius in London just feels really cold. No matter that it is just 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

In this episode I am running on yet another morning commute run to Ealing Broadway in the wind and cold. That boom mike is doing a great job of getting rid of the cars, but it does sound tinny. Can't have one without the other, I guess. Well, at least you can hear what I'm saying now!

I got to work yesterday with my change of work clothes only to find that I had forgotten my trousers! WHOOPS! So, I changed back into my running clothes and had to walk to a store and buy a pair. That threw my morning out of whack and I wasn't able to meet up for a run with Patrick from Twitter. We are going to reschedule.

Last night it was supposed to snow quite a bit but it all melted by morning. That doesn't change the fact that it was blowing a gale last night. Simply ferocious winds!

I started the Hundred Pushup Challenge program this week. You gradually build up over 6 weeks until you can do 100 pushups in a single session (but you do them reps).

Time to pack it up and run on home (literally). It was snowing again but I think it's stopped. Really cold outside right now - 34 Fahr at last check. I am wondering about running in the dark though. This morning there were patches of ice. Hmmm....

Music from the Podsafe Music Network

Featured Song:

Intro/Outro:
"You Start It" by The Monikers

No comments:

Post a Comment