Monday, June 15, 2009

Run Yank Run 005: Tube Strike

There was a two day strike of the London Underground which shut down pretty much all the subway trains in the city, forcing people to drive, cycle, bus, or run their commute. I discuss what it was like to run and cycle in that (crowded!).

My wife's weekend in Paris was a success and she had a fantastic time with her friend and it was good for her to decompress and get a change or scenery.

I also talk about our upcoming trip back to the US for our annual family visit. It's already in the 90's Fahrenheit in Atlanta - that's gonna be a shock coming from 60's and 70's here in the UK.

At the end of this podcast I try to get some decent pace during a tempo run only to have my run cut short by sharp pains in my lower right leg. At first I thought it was from running on a slope too long, but now I'm sure I upped my mileage and frequency too fast and have the first stage of shin splints. I tried to run on Saturday and ended up limping. Argh. Getting old ain't what it used to be!

I'll be taking the week off from running to recover and heal, and I think it's back to the run/train hybrid commute with half the mileage.

Well, setbacks are part of the process, right? I just have to be patient and let time do it's thing.

Music from the Podsafe Music Network

Featured Song:
"Legend of 369" by Lords of the Highway
"Hot Foot" by Boo Boo Davis

Intro/Outro:
"You Start It" by The Monikers

No comments:

Post a Comment